Friday 23 November 2012

Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver Review

My first ever blog post! I'm sure noone will read this, so if you are, hello and thank you!
I bought these pretty much on a whim yesterday.  I already have a couple of curling wands which I cannot get the hang of at all and I read loads of reviews that said wavers were really easy to use and gave a really natural, wearable result. The Enrapture version definitely seemed to be everyone's favourite and as they were half price at Argos and Boots it seemed rude not too!
Enrapture describe their jumbo waver like this:
'Amplify your hair and create a rock, beachy or mermaid look with big tousled ‘s’ waves. With superior titanium plates the jumbo waver gives even heat-distribution so you can add volumising texture to any hair length.' 
Well, as a girl with horibly fine, lifeless hair the idea of volumising texture was enough to get me going!
What's in the box?
Firstly, it's a very lovely box.  I know that isn't really very important to some people but it is all part of the package to me!  It's a beautiful shiny bluey purple with the Enrapture logo in silver.  The flap also has two magnetic closures on it to keep it all nice and tidy!
Inside is a use and care instruction manual and a style guide booklet.  This covers all 3 of their products and although it has a few handy hints it would have been nice if it had been a bit more indepth.  The website (enrapturehair.com) however has 2 how to videos and another with top tips so I would definitely recommend watching those before trying the waver for the first time.
Next in the box is the heat mat/case.  This little case is great as it unzips into a heat protective mat.  When you have finished with your waver you can just zip it up and pop the waver inside.  This is especially good for mum's with little ones like me as leaving anything hot lying around is a big no no.

The waver itself is quite light so I didn't find it too heavy to hold.  It's definitely the biggest hair tool I have ever used but that's because the barrels are a whopping 25mm each - a complete must to get those lovely s shape curls that Enrapture mentioned.
There is a simple illuminated on off switch and a 25 setting heat dial.  Enrapture recommends starting on the lowest setting and slowly increasing until you find what is right for your hair.

My only grumble with the product at this point is that there is no indicator for when the tool has reached temperature.  Still, it only takes a couple of minutes to heat up so I just timed 2 minutes before starting.
Here is a quick picture of my hair before I started waving it.  I washed and dried it, sprayed on a little heat protector and then straightened it.  My hair is naturally straight but can be a bit frizzy so thought best to straighten it first.
I found the waver really easy to use.  I am normally terible with hair gizmos but this was a breeze.  You just section your hair, clamp it over a section near your head, hold for 5-10 seconds then move further down your hair and repeat.  Simples!  You can adjust the heat, how long you clamp each section and the size of each section depending on how defined you want your waves.
I started with the dial half way and it wasn't hot enough for the look I wanted. As soon as I turned the dial up to about 3/4's it was much better. Also, as my hair is quite fine it started dropping quite quickly. Next time I will spray some hairspray on each section first and that should help it hold.
Here are a couple of pictures of the finished result...



Next time I do it I will take some more pictures as by time I took these it had dropped a fair bit (my daughter wanted her lunch, I couldn't leave her with a hungry tum could I?!)  However, I LOVE IT!!!
My hair has got so much more body but yet doesn't look overly 'done'.  I can see myself using this loads.  Perhaps not for work as it took me 45 mins but certainly for nights out or going shopping.
I'm really happy to have got this for the bargain price of 37.49 (reduced from 75!)  I also noticed that Enrapture's other products - the Totem hair styler and the Extremity heated rollers are also half price at 37.49 at the mo.  I'm quite tempted to give them a whirl at some point too!
Has anyone tried any Enrapture products?  What did you think?  Would you recommend the Totem or Extremity?


8 comments:

  1. Great blog Lisa! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soo wanna try these! You look gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the word I would use but thank you :-) if you get the chance, definitely try them, they are great!

      Delete
  3. Oooh I definitely want one of these! My hair is at a horrible growing out length and looks so flat all the time, this would be perfect!

    www.flutteringlashes-lou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it would be perfect for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks amazing wavy.

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Shame straightening it is so much quicker!

      Delete